West Catholic Prep offers Honors, College Prep, and Remedial programs of studies. Each student is academically placed according to ability and previous achievement. Minimum requirements for graduation include four years of religion, English, and social studies, three years of mathematics and science, two years of foreign language, a course in physical education and health, fine arts, and technology. There is a strong technology component to the academic program, including an Apple and PC lab. Additional credits are available from a wide variety of courses in several academic disciplines.
- West Catholic Prep is the only Archdiocesan High School to be recognized as “Blue-Ribbon School of Excellence” by the U. S. Department of Education.
- West Catholic Prep graduated 9 Gates Millennium Scholars.
- 95% of West Catholic Prep graduates go to college.
- Small class sizes; 10-1 student-staff ratio.
- West Catholic Prep's Class of 2016 was awarded over $4,000,000 in college scholarships and grants.
- A focus on technology: each freshman receives an iPad. There are 3 Computer Labs.
- Resource Enhancement Partnerships with three organizations at the University of Pennsylvania: the Robert A. Fox Leadership Program, Barbara and Edward Netter Center for Community Partnerships, and Civic House; Drexel University; University of the Sciences of Philadelphia; and St. Joseph's University.