Director of Institutional Advancement
Basic function and scope of the position:
The Director of Institutional Advancement will be responsible for the advancement of the school in the areas of development, alumni, and marketing/communications. The Director of Institutional Advancement will play a critical role in stewarding and expanding upon the extraordinary philanthropic support the school has received in recent years. In the past 6 years the school has raised more than $25 million including a historic gift of $6 million. The Director of Institutional Advancement oversees all fundraising activities relating to annual giving, EITC/OSTC, planned/major giving, special events and programs, donor relations/stewardship, alumni relations, constituent cultivation and other school related solicitations. Reporting to the President, the Director of Institutional Advancement is a key member of the President’s leadership team and ensures best practices are in place to effectively and efficiently advance the mission, values, and strategic goals of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leading and managing all aspects of a comprehensive development program, including fundraising, marketing and communications, and constituent relations.
• With the support of the President, maintain a portfolio of major and planned giving donors to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward through the major gift process.
• Effectively manage, mentor, and support the Institutional Advancement team.
• Interact with administrators, department chairs, faculty, and advancement staff to consult on school needs; formulate proposal strategies and identify high-level donors.
• Maintain a proactive, creative leadership role in cultivating and stewarding top donors.
• With the support of the President, maintain a portfolio of businesses to discover,
cultivate, solicit, and steward through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program (EITC) and the Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit Program (OSTC).
• Support and collaborate with board members and relevant board committees; assist in development and implementation of strategic planning.
• Implement a plan for communication with all constituencies. Coordinate Alumni communications including the Annual Report.
• Manage the departmental budget ensuring appropriate allocation and usage of resources
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor'sDegree in business, marketing, leadership, or other relevant field.
• Successful experience in development, fundraising, non-profit, marketing, or related field
• Proven ability to interact with high level donors, and potential donors
• Strong interpersonal skills and can effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students
• Strong organizational, project management, and technical skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Willingness to travel, work nights and weekends and maintain a valid driver's license
This position is full-time, 12-month position
Interviews will be granted to the most qualified applicants.
PA required clearances and Safe Environment Certification and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin.
Applicants must provide a letter of recommendation from the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a resume and a cover letter expressing interest in the position and, reflecting on the vision and mission of the school and how your experience, either personal or professional, would contribute to West Catholic Preparatory High School’s inclusive and diverse community.
Please forward a cover letter along and resume to:
Mr. Andrew Brady
President – West Catholic Preparatory High School
Application Deadline: May 24th, 2022