For more information on how you can create a planned gift to benefit West Catholic Preparatory High School please contact:
Charitable Gift Annuities
Gift annuities are contracts with nonprofit organizations. Like commercial annuities, you’ll receive dependable, fixed income for life in return for the amount of your gift. You’ll also receive an immediate tax deduction and ongoing tax benefits.
Trusts are particularly flexible tools used in charitable planning and may be funded with many types of assets.
Charitable Remainder Trust
How it Works
- Transfer cash, securities or other property into a trust.
- The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is valued annually, to you or your named beneficiary(ies).
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to West Catholic.
- You receive income for life or a term of years in return for the gift.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of the contribution.
- You pay no upfront capital gains tax on appreciated assets contributed.
- You can make additional gifts as circumstances allow for additional income and tax benefits.
Charitable Lead Trust
How it Works
- Contribute securities or other assets to a charitable lead trust.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to West Catholic for a period of time.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining principal is paid to your heirs.
- Payments to West Catholic for a term reduces the ultimate tax cost of transferring assets to heirs.
- The amount and term of the payments can be set in order to reduce or even eliminate transfer taxes due when the principal reverts to heirs.
- All appreciation that takes place in the trust goes tax-free to the individuals named in trust.